The Road to 1.0
dizzyd at basho.com
Tue Jun 22 15:20:07 EDT 2010
I think it's time we start talking about what's necessary for an official
1.0 release of Rebar. From a feature perspective, I believe that Rebar does
90% of what any Erlang developer would need. So, the real blockers for
release, I believe, are cleanup and tweaks...and documentation. :) I'm going
to attach my list below, but please feel free to comment if you can think of
any other critical features that rebar is missing.
With a 1.0 release, I also want to start encouraging people to install rebar
on their path, versus always embedding. Obviously, it's a personal
preference, but I believe that enough projects are using rebar now that
downloading a single binary is not too much to ask. To reinforce this point,
I'd also like to build a list of projects that are using rebar for their
build system -- if you know of any, or want to go scouring github/bitbucket
that would be great.
So, things we need to do before 1.0:
* Fix bug 255 (https://issues.basho.com/show_bug.cgi?id=255)
* Clean up dialyzer support; its internal comments are inconsistent
* Verify that rebar works on anything >=R13 (reltool support may be
* Move reltool check into rebar_reltool
* Revisit common_test support; want to replace the int_test/perf_test/test
targets with "ct" target that does the same.
* Docs on how to use port/nif compilation
* Docs on using reltool support
* Docs on using dependency support
* Docs on ALL options
Those are the major items on my list. Please let me know if there are any
features/tweaks that NEED to be the 1.0 release. My goal is to knock this
stuff out by June 30 (that's next Wed!).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rebar