Failed to delete temporary file .eunit/xxx

Garrett Smith g at rre.tt
Thu Jul 21 12:52:14 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Tuncer Ayaz <tuncer.ayaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Garrett Smith wrote:
>> I'm getting this error every time I run rebar eunit after changing
>> this test.
>
> 1) compile:file/2 generated and saved beam code to the temporary
> file .eunit/tm_task_tests.bea#.
> 2) Then it failed to rename the temp file to .eunit/tm_task_tests.beam.
> 3) After that it failed to delete the temp file during cleanup.
>
> Are you using Rusty's sync or Mochi's reloader module?

Neither.

The error is "no such file or directory", which suggests the file
isn't there at the time of the move operations.

I can recreate this consistently after making any change to any of the
test files.

I didn't see this behavior initially however. I'm not sure at what
point this crept in. I see this the current git master rebar as well
as with 20101010_193118.

IIRC, rebar compiles things in parallel. Could this be a sync issue
where someone's trying to rename/move the compiled files before the
file system sees them?