Failed to delete temporary file .eunit/xxx

Garrett Smith g at
Thu Jul 21 12:52:14 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Tuncer Ayaz <tuncer.ayaz at> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Garrett Smith wrote:
>> I'm getting this error every time I run rebar eunit after changing
>> this test.
> 1) compile:file/2 generated and saved beam code to the temporary
> file .eunit/tm_task_tests.bea#.
> 2) Then it failed to rename the temp file to .eunit/tm_task_tests.beam.
> 3) After that it failed to delete the temp file during cleanup.
> Are you using Rusty's sync or Mochi's reloader module?

The error is "no such file or directory", which suggests the file
isn't there at the time of the move operations.

I can recreate this consistently after making any change to any of the
test files.

I didn't see this behavior initially however. I'm not sure at what
point this crept in. I see this the current git master rebar as well
as with 20101010_193118.

IIRC, rebar compiles things in parallel. Could this be a sync issue
where someone's trying to rename/move the compiled files before the
file system sees them?