Thrift Lib package

Joel Meyer joel.meyer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 18:16:29 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm attempting to create a wrapper for the erlang thrift library so that I
can include it as a dependency in another project. Anthony suggested using
the svn repo with a path to the erlang lib, which works until rebar
attempts to validate the dep is a valid app:

ERROR: Dependency dir /Users/joel/osrc/ethrift/deps/thrift-lib-erl failed
application validation with reason:
{missing_app_file,"/Users/joel/osrc/ethrift/deps/thrift-lib-erl"}.

This is caused because the app ships with thrift.app.in, which needs to
have variables replaced and turned into thrift.app. I tried adding a
post_hook for get-deps that would do that, but that doesn't work because
post-hooks don't get run when validation fails. I can write a bash script
that checks out the dep and does the substitution in a pre-hook, but then I
don't get any benefit from all the rebar code for handling deps.

Anyone have any ideas on best way to approach this?

Here's the rebar.config I've got so far:

{ deps, [ { 'thrift-lib-erl',
            "0.8.0",
            { svn, "
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/thrift/tags/0.8.0/lib/erl/", "1208187" } }