Thrift Lib package

Geoff Cant nem at erlang.geek.nz
Tue Feb 21 21:11:15 EST 2012

Hi there, I had a lot of trouble on a previous project that required thrift from Erlang. One of the things we ended up doing to make our lives easier was to extract the erlang Thrift library from the main thrift distribution and maintain it independently. We cleaned up a lot of compile and dialyzer warnings this way and were able to host the resulting library as a stand-alone git repo which made rebar integration as easy as it should have been in the first place.

The thrift project has seldom shipped worthwhile or necessary updates to the Erlang bindings in my experience, so the effort of maintaining it as a fork was minimal. Unfortunately I no longer have access to the fork we came up with, but it's not too difficult to do yourself.

Good luck with it,
--
Geoff