Errors running rebar in a the riak project, and compiling rebar from source

bryan hunt bhunt at basho.com
Sat May 10 12:48:12 EDT 2014

Thanks Tom,

That worked.

On Ubuntu 12.04 I ran the following commands to compile and install Erlang from source.

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
./configure --enable-m64-build
sudo make install

Now rebar runs without any problem.

I believe on Redhat variants the equivalent commands would be

sudo yum install openssl-devel
./configure --enable-m64-build
sudo make install