Riak build fails

David Smith dizzyd at basho.com
Sun Dec 20 00:12:28 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Alexandre Conrad
<alexandre.conrad at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/12/19 David Smith <dizzyd at basho.com>:
>> Very strange. A couple of questions:
>>
>> 1. Can you do a "find ." at top of the source tree pls?

OK, looks like it's not a source issue -- you seem to have all the
right files. Just checking for thoroughness..

>> 2. What happens if you run rebar in the apps/webmachine directory? I.e.
>>
>> $ cd apps/webmachine && ../../rebar compile verbose=1

Now that is interesting. Rebar should have at least generated a message like:

==> webmachine (compile)

in that directory. This makes me wonder if you've got an environmental
issue that's causing escript to crash/fail immediately on startup.
Does "./rebar version" produce any output? If not, it's def some
problem with env -- maybe the wrong version of escript or erlang. What
platform/distribution are you using?

I tend to hang out in #riak on freenode.net. If you drop by there we
might be able to sort this out more quickly.

Thanks,

D.