riak won't start

Paul Rogers paul at riakrest.com
Sun Dec 20 12:27:07 EST 2009

David,

I'm having the same issue as Francisco. I followed your instructions and now get:

{error_logger,{{2009,12,20},{9,24,57}},"Protocol: ~p: register error: ~p~n",["inet_tcp",{{badmatch,{error,duplicate_name}},[{inet_tcp_dist,listen,1},{net_kernel,start_protos,4},{net_kernel,start_protos,3},{net_kernel,init_node,2},{net_kernel,init,1},{gen_server,init_it,6},{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}]}

as the first in a series of error logs.

-Paul