riak won't start

francisco treacy francisco.treacy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 10:23:56 EST 2009

David,

> My guess here is that Riakka and the test are failing/slow because you
> previously got it started with a unresolvable DNS name which is now
> cached in your ring state. Stop the server and delete everything in
> data/ring/* When you restart the server, it should work properly.

Yes, it works fine now. I mean cleaning the ring state and commenting
out 'domain' from /etc/resolv.conf.

It's worth noting that the inetrc workaround actually does not work properly.

I'd like to have a more stable solution since this will probably will
be rewritten upon newly established connections (or not?)

> I typically hang out in #riak on freenode -- if you have questions
> feel free to drop by. :)

Cool! I wasn't aware of #riak ... thanks.

Francisco