riak 0.7 build fails on ubuntu

Chris Duesing chris.duesing at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 18:36:30 EST 2009

I recently built it from scratch on Ubuntu and it went smoothly. There are
good instructions here:

http://wiki.github.com/erlang/otp/installation

it did take about half an hour though on a reasonably powerful desktop.

Because github has a bleeding edge version, if you do it this way there will
be a minor incompatibility with riak's build. So, you will need to go in to
the riak directory and rename rel/overlay/erts-5.7.4 to
rel/overlay/erts-5.7.5 before running make rel all.

good luck!