riak 0.7 build fails on ubuntu

David Smith dizzyd at basho.com
Tue Dec 29 07:45:54 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Andrei Dziahel <trickster2k4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot, this really helps :)
>
> Looks like it is the way erlang's man is integrated with system-wide one.
>
> BTW, which Linux distro are you recommend to use in development and
> production?

Great, glad I could be of assistance. Personally, I typically use
debian in production/dev, but there also seems to be a largish install
base of RH/CentOS.

Of course, the great thing about the new packaging of Riak is that you
only really need erlang on the dev box -- you should be able to copy
the rel/riak directory to other machines without ever requiring
anything more than a base install.

D.