riak + replication to a couchdb node

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 09:16:52 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm working on an idea that need to handle lot of centralized data but
 also need to be replicated as set of data between users & co. Since
couchdb isn't actually distruibuted (and no roadmap about it) I was
thinking to use riak as a way to maintain centrailzed data and
replicate some set of data (bucket or mapped) to couchdb databases for
that.

Technically this is possible especially that somehow couchdb and riak
share some principle. What do you think about that ?

- benoit