client-side ring-info funs

Justin Sheehy justin at basho.com
Sun Nov 1 10:34:39 EST 2009

Hi Tuncer,

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Tuncer Ayaz <tuncer.ayaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> What about adding a client-side API for getting ring-information?

Yes.

A few of of have been talking about this, and more.  In addition to
exposing some ring information to clients, there is a desire to make
client-side versions of the fundamental FSMs, both for greater
client-side flexibility and allowing some load (the per-req FSM work)
to be moved from the cluster out to the clients when desired.

We'll just have to think about the right way to factor out a few bits
of the FSMs so that they can work on either a cluster node or a
client.  I have some ideas on this, but haven't yet written them down.

-Justin