Cannot connect to cluster

Jordi Chacón jordi.chacon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:41:54 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to do some basic executions to get to know Riak and I'm having
some problems. I'm basically just following
http://riak.basho.com/edoc/index.html
My config/riak-demo.erlenv looks like this:

{cluster_name, "default"}.
{ring_state_dir, "priv/ringstate"}.
%% note: make sure you configure your operating system limits for maximum
%% open files (using ulimit/sysctl) when creating larger ring sizes.
{ring_creation_size, 16}.
{gossip_interval, 60000}.
{doorbell_port, 9000}.
{storage_backend, riak_ets_backend}.
%{riak_dets_backend_root, "priv/store/dets"}.
{riak_cookie, riak_demo_cookie}.
{riak_heart_command, "(cd /home/jordi/getting_started/riak;
./start-restart.sh
/home/jordi/getting_started/riak/config/riak-demo.erlenv)"}.
{riak_nodename, riakdemo}.
{riak_hostname, "127.0.0.1"}.
{riak_web_ip, "127.0.0.1"}.
{riak_web_port, 8098}.
{jiak_name, "jiak"}.

Then I execute "./start-fresh.sh config/riak-demo.erlenv" and seems to work
since I can see some processes running. After that I execute
"./riak_demo.escript config/riak-demo.erlenv" and I obtain the following
error message:

Attempting to connect to 'riakdemo at 127.0.0.1' with cookie
riak_demo_cookie...
Error: failed to connect to Riak cluster: {error,
                                           {could_not_reach_node,
                                            'riakdemo at 127.0.0.1'}}

Someone knows why this is happening?

Thanks!