create an index in riak

John Muellerleile johnm at basho.com
Wed Nov 18 15:04:29 EST 2009

Stewart,
I am currently working on a comprehensive set of documentation for Riak
Search.  As soon as sections become available, I'll be posting some form of
them as a series of blog posts.  I'll provide links & more information as
things develop.  One interesting aspect I can share now is that we've
implemented the Lucene query spec; you can query Riak Search with exactly
the same operators you query Lucene with (nested boolean operations, fuzzy
queries, range queries, etc.).

A few publications that were used in the R&D of Riak Search include:

S. Sumathi, S. Esakkirajan.  Fundamentals of Relational Database Management
Systems.
L. de Haan, T. Koppelaars.  Applied Mathematics for Database Professionals.
D. J. Abadi, A. Marcus, S. R. Madden, K. Hollenbach.  Scalable Semantic Web
Data Management Using Vertical Partitioning.
S. Idreos, M. L. Kersten, S. Manegold.  Database Cracking.
T. A. Bjørklund, J. Gehrke, Ø. Torbjørnsen.  A Confluence of Column Stores
and Search Engines: Opportunities and Challenges.
D. J. Abadi.  Query Execution in Column-Oriented Database Systems, SIGMOD
2009.
G. Candea, N. Polyzotis, R. Vingralek.  A Scalable, Predictable Join
Operator for Highly Concurrent Data Warehouses.
A. Abouzeid, K. Bajda-Pawlikowski, D. J. Abadi, A. Silberschatz, A. Rasin.
 HadoopDB: An Architectural Hybrid of MapReduce and DBMS Technologies for
Analytical Workloads.

John