Java and Riak

dustin.whitney at gmail.com dustin.whitney at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 20:43:47 EST 2009

Hey all,

I'm really excited to start using Riak. The app I'm building is written in
Scala, and I've got some questions. The Java client lib only seems to be
useful when performing rudimentary CRUD operations and link walking. Do I
have to write map reduce 'queries' in Erlang? and If I do, are there any
examples out there showing how a query written in Erlang can be executed by
Java with the results returned in JSON. I hope that makes sense. I know
with CouchDB my queries were all written in javascript and stored as
documents on the server, so getting the results was just a GET request. I'm
hoping it's that easy with Riak.

Thanks,
Dustin