About managing Riak in production

Justin Sheehy justin at basho.com
Tue Nov 24 09:09:28 EST 2009

Hello Mårten,

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Mårten Gustafson
<marten.gustafson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can only say that so far it looks really promising!

We're glad to hear that you're liking it so far.

> I was wondering how you people run, manage and monitor Riak in a
> production environment. Do you hack around in some Erlang prompt,
> configure logging in some specific way or do you build custom "hacks"
> to inspect specific nodes and overall cluster performance?

This is exactly the sort of thing that people come to Basho for.
While you can happily run the core of Riak in a production environment
and get a solid experience, when relying on it for your business you
may want more help.  The customers of the commercial extensions to
Riak get a number of auxiliary features, including but not limited to
better monitoring and cluster management.

Best,

-Justin