Riak on windows

Justin Sheehy justin at basho.com
Wed Nov 25 16:19:15 EST 2009

Hi Tim,

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Timothy Perrett
<timothy at getintheloop.eu> wrote:

> Just sat here with a friend of mine hacking some nosql - he's running windows
> (yeah, i know...) and i'd like to get him setup... are there any options?

Riak is only supported on UNIX-shaped operating systems at this time.
It is known to work well on various Linux flavors, FreeBSD, OSX, and
others.  None of the core developers use windows, and none of the
commercial users of Riak do either, so there is little incentive.

> Is it even possible?

Certainly.  If someone finds it worthwhile to make Riak support
windows without adding any problems, we are quite likely to accept
patches.

-Justin