Unable to have my python client connect to riak

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 14:58:12 EDT 2009

On riak 0.6, I am able to run riak_demo.escript successfully but not the
python client jiak.py . I also changed the port number in jiak.py from
8999 to 9000. One thing I do wonder if the two ports should be same (one
refers to it as the web port but the other as the doorbell port) - but
in case they are different, I don't know what port the python client
should connect to.

I consistently get the error (for ports being set to 8999 or 9000). I
also attempted to connect to the open ports owned by the process as
shown by lsof - but that didn't help either (thought the error message
changed to BadStatusLine

error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

My riak configuration file is (taken from riak's website) :

{cluster_name, "default"}.
{ring_creation_size, 16}.
{doorbell_port, 9000}.
{storage_backend, riak_dets_backend}.
{riak_dets_backend_root, "<riak_dir>/store"}.
{riak_cookie, default_riak_cookie}.
{riak_heart_command,
 "(cd <riak_dir>; ./start-restart.sh <riak_dir>/config/riak.erlenv)"}.
{riak_nodename, riak}.
{riak_hostname, "127.0.0.1"}.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

Dhananjay