Resolving list conflicts with possible deletions

Bryan Fink bryan at basho.com
Tue Oct 20 15:27:09 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 4:00 AM, Paul Jones <pauljones23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the very detailed reply - definitely a lot of things to think
> about in there.
>
> I think in my applications instance, I'd like to avoid reverts being undone.
> However, your most recent set of operations suggestion is certainly a nice
> simplification on top of the various complicated scenarios I was dreaming
> up, and may just do the trick.

Excellent.  Glad I could help.

> If I cook up something sufficiently general, would there be any scope to
> consider including libraries for things like this in Riak? I'd be more than
> happy to contribute an initial library for doing some of these algorithms,
> in  the hope that it might inspire others to add to it so there is a nice
> toolbox of ways to manage conflicts.

Absolutely.  We're very anxious for community feedback/involvement,
and tools/utilities people have found useful for building their own
apps is a prime place for it.  Whether things like this end up as
library modules, or "plugin" applications, or links to external
repositories will depend entirely upon their shape, but "inclusion",
yes, is something we'd consider.

Good luck,
Bryan