configuring storage backend per bucket?

Brian Hammond brian at brianhammond.com
Sun Oct 25 23:14:27 EDT 2009

Hello,

Is there a way to configure Riak to use say a memory-only storage
backend for particular buckets while using say disk-backed storage for
yet other buckets?

My use case is such that some data volatile yet should be stored with
"best effort" but with an emphasis on efficiency.  If this data were
lost due to a system failure it wouldn't be catastrophic.

As I understand it I can use a low DW value for such data.  Perhaps
that's all I need.

I could use a cache-like system (Memcached, Redis, etc.) but I am
trying to avoid the administrative overhead and complexity using
multiple datastores.

Thanks,
Brian