snapshots, backups?

Brian Hammond brian at brianhammond.com
Sun Oct 25 23:31:25 EDT 2009

Hello,

I know data stored in Riak is written to W <= N replicas so the data
is at least *somewhere* on my servers/replicas.  However, it would be
comforting to be able to make a snapshot of *all* data periodically
and ship it offsite to rsync.net, tarsnap, or S3.  Assume the data
center hosting your Riak replicas explodes or is under a horrible DDoS
attack.  What do you do?  This concern is a more general BCP issue of
course but I wonder how this might be done in Riak.

Thanks,
Brian