HTTP interface for conflict resolution?

Bryan Fink bryan at basho.com
Sat Oct 31 14:44:53 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Moore, Jonathan (CIM)
<Jonathan_Moore at comcast.com> wrote:
> Ok, great, thanks. I'll try to find you guys tomorrow.
>
> Setting allow_mult to false by default makes total sense. Is there a way to set that on a per-bucket basis?

Indeed, allow_mult is a per-bucket parameter.  From your riak shell:

1> {ok, C} = riak:local_client().
2> C:set_bucket(<<"my_bucket">>, [{allow_mult, true}]).

The above will set allow_mult for just the <<"my_bucket">> bucket.

> I like the idea of having a raw HTTP multipart response (or, in general, external to Riak), as it means I could stand up a Riak cluster and let new apps (with differing merge requirements) connect without restarting/reconfiguring Riak.

Ask and you shall receive.  If you pull down the tip of the bitbucket
repository as of late this morning*, you'll find the raw_http_resource
included.  Read riak/doc/raw-http-howto.txt for a primer.

-Bryan

* Blame the high quality of the NoSQL East conference on my inability
to hit the deadline I was hoping for.  ;)