schema help for a query tracking system

David Weldon dweldon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 03:06:44 EDT 2010

I'm designing a system to track query statistics from a variety of
sources. Each source queries the system with a tag. I do not need to
record information about each individual query - I need only track
stats by {date, source, tag}. Assume, that within a given day, there
could be 100 sources, 500k tags, and millions of queries. Multiple
servers will be writing query data simultaneously.

Query data needs to be summarized by {date, source, tag} at the end of
the day, but not read in real time. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Dave