Riak Recap for Dec. 10-12
mark at basho.com
Mon Dec 13 19:35:00 EST 2010
Afternoon, Evening, Morning to All,
Hope everyone had a great weekend.
For today's Recap: new riak_core slides, a new version of Ripple, a
Riak job, more great Spring Data work from J. Brisbin, and some gists
from #riak around Search.
Riak Recap for Dec. 10 -12
1) Over the weekend I was alerted to the existence of these great
riak_core slides that Rusty Klophaus used for a recent erlang factory
Enjoy ---> http://www.erlang-factory.com/upload/presentations/294/MasterlessDistributedComputingwithRiakCore-RKlophaus.pdf
2) Sean Cribbs pushed v0.8.3 of Ripple.
Release notes and docs here --->
3) For anyone in or around Vancouver, BC, looks like there's a job in
your area that might be worthwhile to check out.
Details here ---> http://twitter.com/#!/smacintyre/status/14449960263090176
4) J. Brisbin continues to do awesome stuff:
* He updated the RabbitMQ webhooks plugin, complete with an example
config for storing AMPQ messages in Riak --->
* He also pushed java.io and Spring IO Resource abstractions to Riak
springdata ---> https://github.com/SpringSource/spring-data-keyvalue
5) Q --- If I change the CAP (n,r,w) values in the app.config after
creating buckets (with the default values), will these be updated
automatically? (from _Luca_ via #riak)
A --- No. This would take a full cluster restart. (It should be
noted that changing n_val after you're storing data is not
6) kotoko, reiddraper, seancribbs and roidrage had a worthwhile convo
in #riak that started with "How do people handle the Riak-Search
flattening nested JSON documents?"
Gist here ---> https://gist.github.com/739781
7) garrys_game and jrecursive had a quick Q & A in #riak about using
Riak Search for Unix epoch timestamps range querying.
Gist here ---> https://gist.github.com/739795
8) Reminder for anyone in or around San Fran: the December Riak meetup
is this Thursday. If you're planning on attending and have not
registered yet, please do so. I can't be held responsible if the
pizza/beer runs out and your name wasn't on the guest list :)
Details here --->
9) I'll be at Node.js Camp tomorrow (http://camp.nodejs.org/). If
you're there and want to meetup, let me know.
More information about the riak-users