Querying Examples

Jason Tanner jt4websites at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 4 13:03:31 EST 2010

Hi,

I had a reply to my question from a list member, but as it was direct to me
I thought I'd repost it back to the list so that future users with a similar
question  can benefit from the answer.

-----
Jason,

Your map function (in Erlang or JS) needs to return a list of the mapped
values, so if you are filtering by age, write a function like this:

FilterAgeLessThan = fun(O,_,Limit) ->
   PList = riak_object:get_value(O),
   case proplists:get_value(age, PList) of
       A when A < Limit -> [O];
       _ -> []
   end.

Then that phase can be created like so:

{map, {qfun, FilterAgeLessThan}, 50, false}

You would create a similar function for your home_town property, or
generalize the above to take any property/value combination, and then create
one for equality.  You shouldn't need a reduce phase for that query.

Sean
-----