build fails - NSPR

Kevin Smith ksmith at basho.com
Sun Feb 7 15:11:01 EST 2010

I'm guessing, based on your errors, that NSPR isn't getting built with the proper arch. You can force this by editing line 13 in riak/apps/erlang_js/c_src/Makefile from this:

	@cd deps/nspr_release;../mozilla/nsprpub/configure --disable-debug --enable-optimize;make

to this:
	@cd deps/nspr_release;../mozilla/nsprpub/configure --disable-debug --enable-optimize --enable-64bit;make

This will force a 64bit compile of nspr. You can test out the build by issuing 'make realclean;make test' from within the erlang_js directory. This will save you from running the entire Riak build to verify the fix. If it fails, please send me the output of the build.

--Kevin