How to remote load Riak onto Ubuntu 9.

Zubair Quraishi zubairq at
Wed Feb 10 05:51:49 EST 2010

I've realised ssh ing into the remote node may be the best option, as you
describe. I've blogged about an automated install for Riak 0.7.1 at:

: something like:

* *

apt-get clean
apt-get remove erlang-base
apt-get remove erlang

apt-get install build-essential libncurses5-dev m4
apt-get install openssl libssl-dev

cd /
tar zxf otp_src_R13B03.tar.gz
cd otp_src_R13B03/
make install

cd /
tar xzf riak-0.7.1.tar.gz
cd riak
make all rel
export RIAK=`pwd`

cd rel/riak
bin/riak start
bin/riak-admin test

Feel free to distribute this from your web site. I will try to update this
for new versions of Riak as I get them working on Ubuntu and Mac OS X.