Riak 0.7.1 list_buckets times out on Mac OS X but not on Ubuntu

Zubair Quraishi zubairq at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 05:44:56 EST 2010

Hi Rusty,

How long would it take to implement list_buckets still showing the buckets
when a node goes down? I disagree with you where you say list_buckets is not
used that often, as I think that list buckets is a common operation for
DBAs, and if it stops working when Riak goes down then it should be removed
altogether, as a dynamically scalable database shouldn't stop working when a
machine goes down (I thought this was the whole point of being fault
tolerant). Anyway, since I am trying to make a tool to browse a Riak cluster
how else can I get a list of the buckets, which is a common operation in my
use case of a Riak database browser.

Thanks

Zubair