Fwd: found a bug in the doc
ksmith at basho.com
Thu Feb 11 11:42:44 EST 2010
Looks like we've got a bug in the docs re: node names
Begin forwarded message:
> From: Richard Bucker <richard at bucker.net>
> Date: February 11, 2010 11:39:13 AM EST
> To: Kevin Smith <ksmith at basho.com>
> Subject: found a bug in the doc
> In the README.... section 2.2 and 2.3.
> When I got to 2.3... it failed. The reason being that the vm.args uses riak at 127.0.0.1 and when you call: RiakNode = riak_util:str_to_node(riak). the value returned is something like a real hostname: riak at peddev.bitbucker.com... in my case.
> The subsequent net_adm:ping() fails because the node name is wrong. The error message includes a hint that the ping should have been:
> net_adm:ping('riak at 127.0.0.1')
> so a step is missing that should indicate that you/I need to edit the vm.arg file.
> Richard Bucker
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/richardbucker
> Florida Freelance IT LLC
> General/Custom Hardware & Software Solutions
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the riak-users