Trying to compile on Ubuntu 9.10

Kevin Smith ksmith at basho.com
Fri Feb 12 18:31:19 EST 2010

The warning shouldn't be fatal to the build if you're using the Spidermonkey code packaged with erlang_js. According to the Mozilla folks, 1.8 is significantly faster than 1.7 which is the main reason we chose 1.8RC1. Our plan are to move to 1.8 final just as soon as it is released. All of this focus on 1.8 is really to prepare us to use the Tracemonkey JIT as soon as it is stabilized and released.

I do apologize for the difficulty of the build. It's certainly not optimal but we are striving to make it better in the next release. We checked in significant build fixes yesterday which seems to address most of the big problems. I've also just pushed several changes which incorporate some of your earlier suggestions to make the build more FreeBSD-friendly. Could you re-pull and try running a build on a fresh tree and let me know how that works for you?

--Kevin