Issue with Link Queries

Sean Cribbs seancribbs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 12:52:18 EST 2010

Lincoln,

While running your example, I've discovered a few bugs related to this
that I'll be documenting.

1) returnbody=true when PUT/POSTing an object doesn't return the correct
content-type (text/plain).
2) A "follow anything" link query doesn't work. Specifying a bucket or
tag will return results, however.

For making your Ruby code simpler, here's a few tips.

1) You can convert an object directly into a link with a tag:
new_one.to_link("parent") would work for your example.
http://seancribbs.github.com/ripple/Riak/RObject.html#to_link-instance_method
2) Instead of crafting a map/reduce job for link-walking, just do
new_to.walk, which takes any number of WalkSpecs (or parameters that can
be converted into walkspecs):
http://seancribbs.github.com/ripple/Riak/RObject.html#walk-instance_method

Cheers,

Sean