Dispatch rules in riak

Kevin Smith ksmith at basho.com
Tue Feb 2 23:27:37 EST 2010

Alan -

My preference in the situation you describe would be to write the application using webmachine and deploy it separately from the Riak cluster. Separating the application from the Riak cluster permits both components to be upgraded separately and at different times.

As for interacting with Riak from your application, the riak_client module is a better choice. It provides access to all of Riak's features with the low overhead since the client and server are both implemented in Erlang.

Does this answer your questions?

--Kevin