Not much luck with Riak 0.7.1 on CentOS 5.4

Mårten Gustafson marten.gustafson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 09:41:43 EST 2010

Hello!

I just downloaded Riak 0.7.1 in order to try out a three-node cluster.
Everything built successfully. But running proved to be all other than
successful.

1) Problem with .ez archives

When I ran "riak start" I got a whole slew of:
** Bad path can't read
/home/riak/riak-0.7.1/lib/kernel-2.13.4.ez/kernel-2.13.4/ebin

After som googling, first finding out what .ez is etc. I took a chance
and manually unzipped all .ez archives, keeping any unzipped
directories already in place - thus merging their content with the
contents from the .ez-archive. This got rid of the "Bad path" problem.

2)
After the above, the current state is that riak crashes directly upon
start, see attached log file.

Environment is CentOS 5.4 on x86_64.
I've killed all left-behind processes and cleaned the dets and ring
directories between each run.

/Mårten.