Not much luck with Riak 0.7.1 on CentOS 5.4

Andy Gross andy at basho.com
Wed Feb 3 09:59:27 EST 2010

Hi Mårten,

The "Bad Path" messages are actually ignorable - .ez files are a relatively
new feature to Erlang - we're submitting a patch to the Erlang team to
remove them, but for now, pay them no mind.

As for the crash - it appears that Erlang can't write to whatever directory
you have set for "riak_dets_backend_root" in your etc/app.config file.

Try the steps below - these should get you up and running.

% rm -Rf rel/riak
% make clean all
% cd rel/riak
% bin/riak console (or bin/riak start to launch in the background - you can
run bin/riak attach later to get an Erlang console)

Let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Andy

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Mårten Gustafson <marten.gustafson at gmail.com