0.8 Fails to start but builds with no apparent errors

Bryan Fink bryan at basho.com
Thu Feb 4 09:00:47 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Tuncer Ayaz <tuncer.ayaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 3:01 AM, Dan Reverri <reverri at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I see those errors as well but have not looked into them too much.
>> They do not seem to cause any harm but it would be good to know why
>> they are there.
>>
>> The errors started after riak switched to using rebar and isolated
>> release builds. Anyone have any thoughts as to why this happens?
>
> webmachine has a module named webmachine_deps which calls
> code:clash/0. That's why you see them.
>
> >From the code:clash/0 documentation:
> "Searches the entire code space for module names with
> identical names and writes a report to stdout."

Aha!  Well, until Tuncer's patch is accepted, I've just pushed a patch
to Riak tip to comment out the code:clash/0 call.  It's a useful call
when developing new Webmachine apps, but for the mostly static set of
Riak resources, it's not as useful.  Say goodbye to "Bad path can't
read..." for now.

-Bryan