build fails - NSPR

W-Mark Kubacki wmark at hurrikane.de
Sun Feb 7 07:51:25 EST 2010

Hello,

after having installed Erlang and obtaining Riak by:
hg clone http://bitbucket.org/basho/riak/
(same with riak-0.8 from [1])

I ran "make" (and also tried "rebar compile") and have been surprised
that this pulls another set of source code to my machine by CVS. Most
notably Mozilla's NSPR at which compilation fails:

ld: skipping incompatible ../../nspr_release/dist/lib/libnspr4.so when
searching for -lnspr4
ld: skipping incompatible ../../nspr_release/dist/lib/libnspr4.a when
searching for -lnspr4
ld: cannot find -lnspr4
make[3]: *** [Linux_All_OPT.OBJ/libjs.so] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/riak/apps/erlang_js/c_src/deps/js/src'

I have tried to delete and re-obtain Riak's source code and installed
NSPR-4.8.2 manually, but Riak seems to insist on building its own.

How can I workaround this obstacle? Thanks a lot in advance.

--
Mark
http://mark.ossdl.de/

[1] http://bitbucket.org/basho/riak/downloads/