Installing 0.8 on Mac OS X 10.6

Kevin Smith ksmith at basho.com
Tue Feb 9 14:53:31 EST 2010

I'll definitely share results on-list. Just didn't want everyone to get spammed with his build log. If you want to send me a log of a clean 0.8 build for yours I can take a look, too.

You can verify the "bitness" of your Erlang install by firing up erl and looking at the info line it prints out. You should see [64-bit] if it is. The Erlang build goes out of its way, for historical reasons which no longer apply (IMHO), to default to 32 bit on OS X. If you're running Snow Leopard I _strongly_ recommend building a 64 bit version instead. It will make your life easier.

--Kevin