Cannot start dev1, dev2, dev3 on same machine in Riak 0.7?

Francesca Gangemi francesca.gangemi at erlang-solutions.com
Wed Feb 10 03:57:33 EST 2010

Zubair Quraishi wrote:
> Whenever I try to run the development single machine version of Riak 0.7 it allows me to either start dev1, dev2, OR dev3, but whenever I start the seconf Riak node the second node fails to start. Anyone know a fix for this?

Hi Zubair,

I'm not sure what your problem is, you should attach the latest
log/erlang.log.N
Anyway I couldn't start all the three nodes at once either and I solved
it adding the following entry in the etc/app.config file.

{riak_handoff_port, 8098},

Choose a different port for each node.

Kind regards
Francesca