Cannot start dev1, dev2, dev3 on same machine in Riak 0.7?

Andy Gross andy at basho.com
Wed Feb 10 04:13:39 EST 2010

Thanks, Francesca,

This is indeed a bug in riak-0.7.   It is fixed in riak-0.8, but the
workaround Francesca describes below will work for 0.7.  The startup errors
you saw were due to all three Riak nodes trying to listen on the same
handofff port.  Setting {riak_handoff_port X::integer()} to different values
for each node will fix your startup problems.

- Andy