400 on first request for stored key (or bucket contents) and 200 for subsequent request

Bryan Fink bryan at basho.com
Thu Feb 11 14:33:09 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Mårten Gustafson
<marten.gustafson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10 February 2010 17:11, Mårten Gustafson <marten.gustafson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1. I write a series of keys to a bucket on node A (using a simple java
>> client using the raw interface)
>> 2. I request the key (using the raw interface from my browser) from
>> node B and immediately receive a 400
>> 3. I reload the page in the browser and immediately receive a 200 OK
>> and the data
>
> Could these HTTP 400 responses be due to my browser caching or
> otherwise sending strange requests?

Hi, Mårten.  It certainly does sound like your browser is adding
something to the request that you're not expecting.  That 400 response
should have included a body with text describing the error - did it
and what was it?

I'd suggest trying the same sequence, except using curl to do the
fetch in step 2 ("curl -i http://host:port/raw/BucketName").  Either
that will give you the same 400 error, with hopefully a little more
information, or it will succeed and we can focus on the browser.

By the way, which version of Firefox are you using?  Firebug version?

-Bryan