Riak 0.7.1 list_buckets times out on Mac OS X but not on Ubuntu

Zubair Quraishi zubairq at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 00:55:26 EST 2010

Hi guys,

 Ok, thanks, that was quite a complete answer! :) I guess the more I think
about it the more I see you are right. I was thinking there would only be a
few easily cachable bucket names (<100) on most systems but after reading
more in the Riak user archives I realise that some people may want to store
individual records in their own bucket, thereby creating potentials billions
of buckets, and not so easy to cache. Anyway, I think I can probably do
something like just cache the bucket names in a specially named bucket
together with a reference count for the number of items in each bucket for
now, and just do a list_keys on that bucket, as a temporary solution for
now. Anyway, thanks for the in depth explanation.

Zubair