Riak and transaction

wde wde at free.fr
Fri Feb 12 11:36:54 EST 2010

Hello all,

First I would like to congratulate the basho team for Riak :-)

Secondly, I wonder if it would make sense to build an overlay among all replicas of an object to make transactions, to ensure atomicity of a Fun function
which use put/get requests. It would be an additional feature, to use only if needed.

I'm discovering the world of distributed key value store, I try to understand the differences between solutions based on vclock (like riak) or solutions based on paxo which ensure consistency in all cases.

Thank you for your help.

wde