Should Riak use paramterised modules?

Kevin Smith ksmith at basho.com
Thu Feb 18 14:48:14 EST 2010

Zubair -

Thanks for pointing this out. I'd like to mention that parameterized modules have been in the language for several major releases and other projects aside from Riak, such as mochiweb, also depend on parameterized modules. Removing them at this stage would break a other Erlang projects so I think we're safe.
However, Riak is also an open source project and we welcome patches from the community. If you'd like to submit a patch removing parameterized module support we'd be happy to review it.

Thanks,
Kevin