Should Riak use paramterised modules?

Justin Sheehy justin at basho.com
Thu Feb 18 15:03:28 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Zubair Quraishi <zubairq at gmail.com> wrote:

> What happens if Erlang removes parameterized modules though, this will break
> Riak too? Although I haven't ask anyone at Erricson if this is possible as I
> don't know them so well. Do any of you guys know who to ask?

We are currently not worried at all about this feature being removed
from Erlang.

Also, we can choose which versions of Erlang to support and so even if
parameterized modules were removed (which is very unlikely anytime
soon) this would only break Riak if we moved to a version of Erlang
with that change.

If it worries you personally, you should free free to ask on the
erlang-questions list directly as the core developers from Ericsson
are on that list.

-Justin