Dependency on erts 5.7.4

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 14:05:47 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Steve Davis
<steven.charles.davis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any reason to require R13B other than for the "rebar" build
> tool?
>
> I have some ubuntu servers running and try to use apt exclusively
> when administering them -- and the apt package is only up to R12B...
>
> Rebar complains at me that I need 5.7.4 to compile Riak + deps.

Rebar relies on reltool and riak relies on both for building
a rel(ease). The built release will have an embedded erts and
does not use any system-wide erts at all when you run riak.

So you can just copy a riak release over to a system with
or without any Erlang version.

You only need to make sure that the erts used when building
a riak release will run on the target distro/server.

Does this help?