Removal of Jiak

Alan McKean alanmckean at me.com
Mon Feb 22 14:06:48 EST 2010

I'm going to miss the read/write mask capabilities of Jiak. As Paul Rogers pointed out with his implementation POV (see the Buoy POV example at http://www.riakrest.com) it enables really nice declarations of data structures that are subsets of the data stored in Riak. Is there any notion of building that into Riak at the bucket level?

The other significant feature we are losing is Jiak's ability to hook in to the lifecycle of Riak operations with bucket modules. That's not in the raw interface either, is it?