Removal of Jiak

Justin Sheehy justin at basho.com
Mon Feb 22 14:40:49 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Bryan Fink <bryan at basho.com> wrote:

> There is no current plan to reimplement read/write mask capabilities
> for the HTTP interface

> [...]

> In the very near future, either for
> this release or right after, we intend to add "pre- and post-commit
> hooks" to allow applications to tie in at that level.

Bryan summed up the whole story, but I just wanted to add that
pre-commit hooks will provide a superset of the write mask
capabilities.  The primary purpose of them will be that they can fail
and prevent a write from occurring.  So, while there will not
explicitly be "write masks", you will be able to easily write your
own.

-Justin