Fwd: Re: Delete all entries in a bucket?

Sean Cribbs seancribbs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 17:21:49 EST 2010

Reposting to the list.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Delete all entries in a bucket?
Date: 	Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:19:57 -0700
From: 	Sean Cribbs <seancribbs at gmail.com>
To: 	Dan Young <danoyoung at gmail.com>

Dan,

With ripple, you can do something like this:

client = Riak::Client.new
bucket = client['my_bucket']
bucket.keys.each {|k| Riak::RObject.new(bucket, k).delete }

You could also pass that block to the 'keys' method on the bucket,
assuming you're not using the CurbBackend, which has some problems with
concurrency and curl-handle corruption.  Obviously this is not something
you want to do very often because it's expensive (N+1).

Sean