Future roadmap for indexed queries?

John Lynch john at rigelgroupllc.com
Fri Feb 26 16:53:48 EST 2010

I am preparing to give a talk on Riak next week to a local Ruby user group
here in San Diego, and wanted to get your thoughts on the future of Riak.
While in its current form it is awesome for loads of use cases, it falls
short in the whole querying department, at least as it relates to building
typical web applications. I get the map/reduce features, and the link
features, but are there any plans to build in indexed query capabilities, a
la MongoDB?  Mongo obviously has an easier time of this since it knows
exactly what format your data is in (BSON). Or, is this something you would
leave to third-parties to build as part of an ORM framework like Ripple, for
example, which would have a better idea of the shape of the data and could
create/maintain indexes accordingly...

Regards,

John Lynch, CTO
Rigel Group, LLC