unexplained errors

Ken Sedgwick ksedgwic at bonsai.com
Tue Jan 5 20:25:00 EST 2010

Greetings,

I'm running a small program which attempts to create/update buckets of
data.  After it runs for a while I get some unexplained error "pages"
returned from the riak server.

* It's written in C++ and uses CURL to talk to the riak server.
* I'm currently using a single riak node.
* The client program uses 20 concurrent threads.

I've attached the messages.  I see several types:
1) 500 Internal Server Error ("timeout")
2) Timeout during object_forbidden read.
3) 500 Internal Server Error (with backtrace)

Any clues for what additional diagnostics to add or things to look at?

I've already added the "X-Riak-ClientId" header; each thread uses it's
own clientid.  I think this helped quite a bit ...

Many thanks in advance!

Ken

--
Ken Sedgwick
Bonsai Software, Inc.
ken+5a4 at bonsai.com
Public Key: http://www.bonsai.com/ken/ken.asc
GPG Fingerprint: 851E 3B07 E586 0843 9434  5CC7 4033 3B9B 3F3F 9640